The original entrance to the bay was blasted through the rock in 1588 and is still in the same position today. The main entrance that we now use, along with the protective harbour wall was not built until 1866. This harbour allowed easy access to Jersey which was important in the 16th century as our Seigneur originated from St Ouen in Jersey.
Creux harbour is mainly used by local fishermen now. The service boat will use the harbour if the wind is in the east and has trouble docking in Maseleine harbour to allow passengers to disembark.
This is also used as a swimming area when the tide is high, loved by all as it’s a natural, big swimming pool. There are showers available to use after a swim in the nearby toilet block.