Creux Harbour has been busy recently as work continues to repair the roof of the shelter. The shelter was completed in 1905 and was financed by a donation from Edmund Hale. At that time Creux was the only harbour and the boat service was more erratic so having somewhere for passengers to shelter was essential. Little work has been done on the building in recent times and the roof was in a bad state of repairs. A local building firm is doing the repairs with all aspects of the work carried out by local craftsmen. At the end of May the concrete was poured for the new roof. Careful planning and the use of one of the island’s cranes meant that it was all poured in a single day.