Helier de Carteret found the ruins of this property when he landed on Sark in 1563. He rebuilt this property and carved his coat of arms into the stone just below the roof in the top left hand corner of the main house. The cottages to the right were built by Helier as servants quarters.
Le Manoir remained the residence of the Seigneur on the island until 1730 and The Avenue was originally the tree-lined driveway up from the harbour to the property.
After 1730, this property was used as a vicarage until it was purchased as a private residence in the 1930s.
The Cider Barn was built in the early 1600s and is so called as it was used by the Seigneur for pressing cider apples.