Sark Methodist Church – Wesleyan Chapel
Built in 1926 the Sark Methodist Chapel has an interesting history to say the least! It is Open 9am to 6pm daily until end of October 2013.
The first Methodist Chapel was built in 1796 at La Ville Rousse, the then owner of La Ville Rousell, above Greve De La Ville, by the 1920s the then owner of La Ville Roussel wished the Chapel to be moved to a different location.
Apparently the loud singing coming from the Chapel on a Sunday morning was too disruptive!
With the permission of the English Crown, the owner gave a part of the land he owned at the opposite end of the Island to the Methodists on the condition they moved the Chapel stone by stone, around three quarters of a mile, to where it lies today.
For more information contact Minister Karen Le Mouton on 01481 832115 or visit www.methodist.org.gg