Terms and Conditions for the Discover Sark 2018 Competition
1. No purchase necessary to enter. By participating in the competition, each entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these terms and conditions and the decisions of Isle of Sark Shipping and Sark Tourism (“the Sponsors”), which are final and binding.
2. Only one entry per person or email address. Duplicate entries will be disqualified. Sponsors cannot be held responsible for computer system hardware, software or program errors, or other failures in computer transmissions or network connections nor for any entries lost or delayed through email, or post. Sponsors cannot be held responsible for late, lost, illegible, incomplete, damaged, misdirected or unpaid postage due mail entries.
3. Entrants must be at least 18 years of age.
4. Employees of Sponsors and their immediate families (spouses, parents, children and siblings and their spouses) are not eligible to participate in the prize drawing.
5. The closing date for an entry is 12 midnight on 30th September 2018.The winner will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries received by the closing date. Sponsors’ decision will be final. No correspondence will be entered into.
6. The winner will be notified within 14 days of drawing. The winner will be notified by telephone, email or post. In case of the unavailability of any part of the prize, Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
7. The prize offer is valid to 30th September 2019. All travel must be booked and completed by this date.
8. Prizes are not transferable and no substitutions or cash equivalents are permitted. Travel, accommodation and chosen activity dates may be subject to availability and other restrictions. If the prize is not claimed within the specified time limit the prize will be forfeited. Entrants waive the right to claim as a cost of winning any prize, any and all costs or expenses associated with redemption or travel to redeem. All components of the prize must be taken together any unused portion of the prize, is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
9. The prizewinner must accept that that his/her name and/or likeness may be announced and/or shown in Sponsors’ literature or on the Internet for publicity or advertising purposes without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law.
10. The prize may be subject to availability and does not represent entitlement to book to the travel or accommodation on a specific date. Such arrangements are subject to availability. The prize does not include travel between the winner’s home and Guernsey, travel insurance, food and drink, personal expenditure or incidental costs or losses, other than where mentioned. It is strongly recommended that travelers take out adequate travel insurance.
11. The Sponsors reserve the right to cancel or amend the terms of this prize promotion and without notice in the unlikely event of major catastrophe, terrorist attack, epidemic, war, earthquake, or any actual, anticipated or alleged breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other similar or unforeseen event.
12. The Sponsors will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the prize except for any liability, which cannot be excluded by law. The Sponsors will not be responsible for any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of or in connection with this prize if the deficiency is occasioned by any cause outside the reasonable control of the Sponsors including but not limited to technical malfunctions or failures.
13. The Sponsors may award the prize to the second chosen entry if the prize remains unclaimed 1 calendar month following the draw date.
14. All entries and any copyright subsisting in the entries become and remain the property of the Sponsors. The Sponsors collect contact information about entrants in order to contact them about the competition and where appropriate contact entrants in the future with special offers via any medium including mail and commercial electronic messages. If you do not provide the information, you cannot participate.