The Chapel that ran a mile.
Sark's first Methodist Chapel was built in 1796 at La Ville Roussel (pictured). The working people of Sark had turned to the Methodists for moral leadership as they had become discontented with the feudal system and the Seigneural hold over the Church.
However, by the 1920s the then owner of La Ville Roussel wished for the Chapel to be moved to a different location as the loud singing on a Sunday morning was too disruptive.
With permission from the English Crown, the land owner gifted a plot at the opposite end of the Island to the Methodists. In 1926 the Chapel was moved just under a mile to where it sits today.