Sark Trivia Questions
How many will you get right?
1. Monks lived on Sark for eight centuries, from 565 AD.
What was the name of the Monk who brought them here?
2. Sark was the last feudal state in Europe.
In what year did Sark become a democracy?
3. Sark is home to the largest colony in Europe of which sea bird?
4. To whom does the Seigneur pay a 20th part of a Knight’s fee as ‘rent’ of the island?
5. Archaeological evidence shows that the island has been occupied by man since which historical period?
6. Can you name Sark’s first Seigneur who came from Jersey in 1565?
7. Sark has one of the smallest working prisons in the world, with only two cells. In what year was it built?
8. Can you name & spell Sark’s original patois language?
Let’s see how you got on. The answers to the questions are:
- St Magloire
- The Queen
- Helier de Carteret
- 1856 AD
So, are you a bone fide fan of Sark? Let’s take a look at the scores:
0 correct – Oh dear, you need to come visit more often!
1-3 correct – OK…for a wannabe Sarkee.
4-6 correct – A true Sark connaisseur.
7-8 correct – Honorary local status granted!