Opened in 1588 for easier access to Jersey.
The original entrance to the bay was blasted through the rock in 1588 and still remains today. The main entrance, along with the protective harbour wall, was not built until 1866.
Creux Harbour allowed easy access to Jersey which was important in the 16th century as Sark's first Seigneur originated from St Ouen in Jersey.
Today the harbour is mainly used by local fishermen & visiting boats. It is also a much loved swimming spot at high tide in the big natural pool.