Window in the Rock
Framing the view of Les Autlets and Port du Moulin Arch.
In 1853 Rev. William T. Collings became Seigneur of Sark, his mother, Marie, having only been Seigneur for less than a year before her death.
Collings was keen on improving the welfare of the community and sought to encourage the newly developed industry of tourism.
To this end he had a window cut into the cliff, framing the view of Port Du Moulin Bay Arch and Les Autlets. By the 1870s, Sark had around 5k visitors a year.